I’m on a quest to…
visit every country in the world (~70 and counting),
help out inspiring charities and startups,
build an awesome company, and
have a blast doing it!
Konrad Waliszewski is the Founder & CEO of TripScout, a mobile app that provides self-guided city tours from top local guides. The travel app offers curated a list of sites and provides engaging audio guides on an offline map with GPS. USA Today said this app “helps travelers explore the local side of the city” and Travel+Leisure added “finally, a travel app that’s purposefully, blissfully simple.” TripScout uses proceeds from each purchase to benefit charities addressing local needs in the cities of each guide. He also runs the World Venture Project travel blog.
Prior to TripScout, Konrad was the COO at Speek (acquired by Jive), a venture-backed startup that provides simple conference calling solutions and applications that enhance meeting productivity. Speek was named as The Wall Street Journal’s “Top 20 Startups of the Year” and Entrepreneur magazine’s “100 Most Brilliant Companies” in 2013. Konrad is also the founder of a consulting firm, where he has assisted companies – ranging from venture-backed to Fortune 500 and private equity firms – with M&A transactions, financings, and special projects. Prior to his consulting, he was an investment banker at GCA Savvian in San Francisco, where he focused on mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and corporate finance advisory for both venture-backed and publicly traded technology companies around the world. He has been featured in Forbes, the Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, Travel & Leisure Magazine, and other business and travel publications.
Konrad was born near Detroit and raised in Nashville before living in San Francisco, Chicago, Washington DC, Poland and as a digital nomad. He is the son of Polish immigrants, who immigrated to the United States after receiving political refugee status for their involvement in overthrowing the communist government in Poland. He is a citizen of both the United States and European Union (Poland).
New to the blog?
Here are a few posts to get you started:
- Travel Inspiration: A Chat With the World’s Top Travelers
- Travel Hacking: How a 10 Minute Hack Can Get You $250
- Travel Tips: 5 Travel Planning Tips to Improve Your Trip
- Travel Ideas: 4 Surprising Benefits of Travel in Developing Countries
- Language Learning: How to Quickly Learn A Foreign Language
- A few recent trips: South Africa, Turkey, Uganda, India, Ukraine, Kenya, and Singapore
Please check out my travel app!
TripScout provides self-guided city tours from top local guides. We curate a list of sites for you and provide engaging audio guides on an offline map with GPS. USA Today said this app “helps travelers explore the local side of the city” and Travel+Leisure added “finally, a travel app that’s purposefully, blissfully simple.”
Say goodbye to hours of internet research, boring tours, and guidebooks! All you need is your iPhone to have:
1. Curated Sites: Instantly have the top sites, neighborhoods, and off-the-beaten path activities on your mobile phone
2. Audio Tours: Hear engaging stories from locals about history, culture, and food at your own schedule and pace
3. Customizable: Pin additional points of interest, like restaurant recommendations or your hotel
4. Offline Maps: Use intuitive offline maps with GPS to navigate around the city without using data or WiFi
10% of any purchase goes to benefit inspiring local charities.
Select Press Mentions